Service As Way of Life :
The ideology of Ramakrishna Math and Mission outlined in the page of ideology finds expression through their multifarious activities. These activities cover different areas of human need and social welfare such as education, health, rural development, self-employment, womens's welfare, imter-faith understanding, moral life, spiritual guidance. All these activities are conducted as service, service to God in Man.
In the Ramakrishna Math and Mission, service is not restricted to a particular type of activity conducted at a particular time, but is a way of life. Even when the monks are not doing any service in the outside society, they do service within the monastic community. And there is no time limit or age limit for this. The monks continue to engage themselves in various service activities until they are incapacitated by illness or extreme old age. Even at his advanced age the present President General of Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission is rendering.
Service as a way of life followed in Ramakrishna Math and Mission has certain distinctive features. Some of these features are mentioned below.
- Daily puja, Aratrikam, Bhajans & Devotional songs.
- Every Sunday Readings and discussion on Sri Sri Ramakrishna Kathamrita.
- Ramanam Sankirtanam on every Ekadashi Day.
- Bhakta Sammelan yearly twice.
- Initiation programmes time to time.
- Celebrations of the birthdays of holy trinity and all Incarnations.
- Observation of birthdays & discourses on the direct disciples of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa Deva.
- Observation of 150th birthday anniversary of Sister Nivedita & 125th anniversary of the Historical Chicago speech of Swami Vivekananda.
Medical activities :
- Charitable (Allopathy & Homeopathy) clinic service with renowned medical practitioners regularly with medicine to poor & needy patients.
- Free eye check up camps are organised in remote villages. Free eye cataract operations are also arranged for the short listed patients.
Running projects :
- Non formal education for poor and slum children as Elementary Education.
- Vocational cum women self employment training (tailoring), Handcraft.
Upcoming projects :
- Poor backward and slum children are getting free coaching with computer courses.
- Spoken English & free coaching for senior students.
- Value education classes are also conduct by the scholar swami’s & professors.
- Book sales counter for publicity of Ramakrishna, Vivekananda and Vedanta literature.
This Mission started its journey to spread the message of Holy Trio in the historic town of Burdwan on 25th September 2016. This place has been blessed & sanctified by the holy trinity Sri Sri Ramakrishna Deva, Holy mother Sri Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda by their divine presence. The peoples of Burdwan was very much eager to established a branch centre of Belur Math. Since its inception the centre has started free medical facility to the people at large. Regular Spiritual Classes & Bhakta Sammelan are organised to spread the spiritual movement of Sri Ramakrishna order.
So our appeal to the admirers and generous peoples to contribute for different projects undertaken by this Mission. Your donation however small may brighten the path of literacy & improve medical facility to the people in distress of the interior part of West Bengal.
Donation can also be sent online through SBI A/c No.- 36033461616, IFS Code No. SBIN0014540 and be a part of a Noble cause & spread the message “To serve people is to serve God” of Sri Sri Ramakrishna Deva. May Thakur, Maa & Swamiji’s shower their blessings on all of us.